Thursday 10 April 2014

You'll Like This! 2

Heya guys!

After yesterday's Fun Walk (such fun, much blisters) and a not-unusually hectic Thursday, here's a little insight into what I've been consuming this week!





  1. My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter. MIWDTD is a critique of sorts, not of fashion itself, but of the fashion industry and it's use of children as models. The board features pictures of the creator's Imaginary Daughter, Quinoa, with fun captions underneath, like "Quinoa loves it when Bandeau comes to babysit. They dress in coordinating outfits and play "angry silence" for hours." 
  2. Raspberry Notes. Raspberry Notes is a blog run by a girl named Genesis who "loves many things". She has the cutest blog header everrrr, a beautiful face, and takes gorgeous pictures. Check it out! 
  3. Vaseline, apparently?? Vaseline has always sort of been an essential for me, especially during our icy Irish winters, but apparently I have been using it wrong. Not ONLY is it good as the lip balm it's presumably meant to be, it's also, among other things, good for painting your nails! And, um, "lending softness post-shaving"! Yay! 
  4. Gossip Girl. Take my advice and just DON'T START, because once you've watched one episode of this snobby NY teen drama about beautiful people doing bad things to each other, you end up watching the entire season. Of twentyish forty-minute episodes. Or five. So.. don't say I didn't warn you. 
  5. The Gone series. I've been mildly obsessed with this series of six books since I picked up the first one a few years back, and now that it's finished, I advise you read them. All of them. Now, please. And hey, with names like Plague, Fear, and Hunger, how can you resist? 
  6. The Frozen soundtrack. If you have yet to see Disney's animated powerhouse, Frozen, I shall assume you are living under a rock and continue. It won best animated picture at the Oscars this year, and I can't say it didn't deserve it! I went to see this with my friends, and it's actually perfect. Perfect with a captial PERF. The setting and characters are beautiful, the plot was sorta-original, and the songs- Idina Menzel and Jonathan Groff and Kristen Bell, oh my! I adore Idina Menzel, and her character in Frozen is every bit as wonderful as the lady herself. May I recommend For The First Time In Forever reprise? J and I know that entire scene by heart! 


More (hopefully better stuff), soon!

xx,
C

PS: looking at Michael Grant's website, it seems he's coming to Ireland soon.. But on a schoolday *cries*

No comments:

Post a Comment